Sunday, March 4, 2012

In Italian, if I was referring to a group of people, mixed gender, would I say "Sono belli" or "Sono belle"?

Italian is a sexist language (no irony, it's just true). So that would be "Sono belli".

Late guidelines from the ministry of equal opportunities (yes, we need such a thing in Italy :-( ) say that you should consider if the majority of the group is male or female to decide what to call them, but in correct italian if there are only 10 males in a group of 1000 females, you should go with the male version.In Italian, if I was referring to a group of people, mixed gender, would I say "Sono belli" or "Sono belle"?"Sono belli". But if you're using a feminine noun, then it's "Sono belle"

("Le persone sono belle")In Italian, if I was referring to a group of people, mixed gender, would I say "Sono belli" or "Sono belle"?I think it is either "sono bello" when said by a male, "sono bella" if by a female.In Italian, if I was referring to a group of people, mixed gender, would I say "Sono belli" or "Sono belle"?Sono belli.



You will say "sono belle" only if ALL of them are female.
  • auto salvage
  • tangled dvd
  • forza motorsport 3
  • bonefish grill menu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment