Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is a good description of a modern "Southern Belle"?

I picture her as being named Mary Ann Summers. She has a nice family who go to church every Sunday and she teaches Sunday School and she works as a loan officer at a small town bank and has her hair permed real short. And she is soo nice! A real Christian lady. She likes to pray for people who she finds are lost. Just your all around Christian nice Southern sweet heart woman.What is a good description of a modern "Southern Belle"?My sister recently moved to Montgomery, Alabama. Upon first encounter with Southern Belles they invariably do not ask where you're from. they do not ask what you do. They ask "What church do you go to?"

My sister says they want to be known, affectionately as "Sugar Britches," so she calls them "Sugar Bitches."What is a good description of a modern "Southern Belle"?
Sure sounds good to me you summed it up I guess.What is a good description of a modern "Southern Belle"?Nice dream. Read Steel Magnolias. those are the modern southern belles.What is a good description of a modern "Southern Belle"?
hmm...an anachronism?What is a good description of a modern "Southern Belle"?Mrs Roslyn Carter, and I don't know why,also



Mrs. Lady Bird Johnson, can't get more Southern Belle like than her!!

Oh yes Ms. Dolly Parton, even after I just read she's part Scots and Irish, she has always seemed like a Southern Belle to me,

and thats BEFORE Steel Magnolias.What is a good description of a modern "Southern Belle"?
sounds about right to me!
she's the same sweet southern lady she was back in 1880 ....only she wears jeans and t-shirt now.

No comments:

Post a Comment