Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Help! We need food our reception. What ideas do you have?? I am a TRUE southern belle and he is a Yankee?

"gentleman". What tips do you have???? I love chicken bog, etc. and he loves pirogies. LOL Please help us come up with a menu.Help! We need food our reception. What ideas do you have?? I am a TRUE southern belle and he is a Yankee?You should mix up a beautiful buffet style dinner with both of you having your favorites. That way everyone is happy!Help! We need food our reception. What ideas do you have?? I am a TRUE southern belle and he is a Yankee?
Im with Laura W, Yankees will bend.Help! We need food our reception. What ideas do you have?? I am a TRUE southern belle and he is a Yankee?Are you doing the food yourself? A caterer will be able to help you and work with your budget. I suggest getting in touch with a caterer.
It should be something that people like in both the north and the south. Meatballs, chicken nuggets, finger sandwiches, cheese and crackers, fruit salad, etc. Hopefully that helps some. : )Help! We need food our reception. What ideas do you have?? I am a TRUE southern belle and he is a Yankee?North or South everyone loves Ribs.Help! We need food our reception. What ideas do you have?? I am a TRUE southern belle and he is a Yankee?
Have one of each of your favorites and the other can be simple such as roast beef, ham, pasta, vegetables, salad, rolls etc. Everyone will enjoy trying a regional favorite along with the other dishes and it will make the day special to the two of you. Congrats.
lol Congrats Hon...I'm a dyed in the wool NYer and my husband is a Georgia Peach! (in fact I call him Peaches )



Sit down with your caterer and come up with a menu that has elements of both cuisines however I would sit down with your guy before hand and compile of list of traditional dishes from both sides of the Mason-Dixon Line, each explaining to the other what they are.....

....my ex had a Mom from the south so by the time I met and married my Guy I was familiar with grits (love 'em) real southern cornbread, red eye gravy, hush puppies,deep fried catfish,home fries,sweet potato pie and ambrosia but other foods such as sausage gravy %26amp; biscuits, cooking greens with either ham/bacon and sugary-sweet carrots were some of the new ones on me. And it wasn't until he married me that he had a taste of yankee pot roast, latkes,perogies,irish soda bread,bangers %26amp; mash, an irish fry for breakfast, hahahahaha and greens without ham or bacon.....



You two can have a lot of fun coming up with a unique menu......put your heads together...I'm sure you'll come up with a winner....Good Luck.Help! We need food our reception. What ideas do you have?? I am a TRUE southern belle and he is a Yankee?
yankees suck.go sox!
  • north carolina dmv
  • deathly hallows part 2 trailer
  • imos pizza
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment